Session 2013 - Session 2014

Monday, December 31, 2012

When 2012 was no more due to 2013



It's the day before the start of a new year (except for places like Australia...so impatient those Aussies), and I guess many people are sitting around reflecting on the last 12 months. I could do one of those cliched year in review round-ups, but who has the time? lol.

Instead, I will just say, 2012 was a good year and as I get older I realise that any year that you get through in one piece is a damn good one. I know so many people who have encountered loss and sadness in 2012, and I am so grateful for the many mercies bestowed on me that I cannot sit here and gripe about a year that saw me in my cap and gown walking across the stage with the other postgrads, in a job when so many of my class were still job hunting, fat, when so many have no food - hey, gotta find the positives!!

So what about 2013? Well, the number 13 always strikes fear into the hearts of many, but you have to make your own luck and as I told a friend last week, you have to make your own way and your own happiness. So I am hoping to be happy...happier in 2013.

Maybe a couple more trips...



Maybe more reading, especially as my girlfriend will be hand delivering my birthday present this week. I finally got this, after much resistance, but the traditional way is taking up way too much space in my house!!!



Maybe more writing...



Definitely more sweating and less eating and drinking. I will not be buying new clothes (ha! good one!)



Hopefully more single girl adventures...



It's really just about making the next 12 month s better than the last, and to be happy, be a better person - a god daughter, sister, aunt, friend - and to keep it movin'...in the right direction.

Hope everyone has a great 2013 as well. I surely look forward to reading all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment